Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at RGCB: Apply on rgcb.res.in
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) invites applications for admission to the Ph.D. program (January 2021 session) in various domains of Disease Biology and Plant Science.
Eligibility for Ph.D. admission
- Candidates with a post-graduate degree in Life/ Agricultural/ Environmental/ Veterinary/ Pharmaceutical/ Medical Sciences or allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with a minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade point are eligible to apply. Candidates who are appearing for their final qualifying degree exam or awaiting the qualifying degree result are also eligible to apply.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade point, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently abled candidates.
- Applicants must have a valid JRF Fellowship (UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST-INSPIRE/ or any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government having a valid fellowship for a period of 5 years
- The upper age limit is 28 years as on March 1st, 2021 Age limit will be relaxed for SC/ST/Physically challenged candidates as per Government of India regulations.
- RGCB is currently affiliated to the University of Kerala, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Regional Centre for Biotechnology, and Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS). Registration of the selected candidates will be as per the guidelines issued by these Universities for the award of PhD degrees.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the academic performance and performance in the national level tests.
- Ph.D. interviews may be held online.
- Guidelines for interviews will be provided to candidates shortlisted for the interview.
- The list of selected candidates will be displayed on the RGCB website.
How to Apply for Ph.D. admission?
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Application Fee (Rs. 500) must be paid online using ‘SB Collect’ of State Bank of India through the URL given in the Payment Stage.
- SC/ST/EWS candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees.
- The last date for receiving completed applications is 10th March 2021. Incomplete applications or those without processing fees will be rejected.
To apply online, click here.
Fees for Ph.D. Program
- The students admitted for the Ph.D. program will have to pay a laboratory fee of Rs 5000 per semester for the first eight semesters and Rupees 10,000 for every semester after.
- SC/ST/EWS candidates are exempt from these tuition fees.
- University fees will have to be paid directly to the University directly by the student.
For full notification, click the link below.